3rd National IMCA Conference
Action for Advocacy will be holding the 3rd National IMCA Conference on 18th and 19th July.
We are pleased to be able to confirm the details for our forthcoming IMCA conference: Best Interests, Best Practice and Treatment. Join experts in the fields discussing best interests decision making in hospitals and in particular ICU, end of life issues and doctors_ perspective on treatment decisions within the MCA.
This conference will be of interest to IMCAs, their managers and professionals whose role requires detailed knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act. The conference will be chaired by Toby Williamson, Head of Development and Later Life at the Mental Health Foundation.
Speakers include Dr Martin Vernon, Consultant Geriatrician, South Manchester University Hospital and NHS Foundation Trust, Dr John Coakley, Medical Director and Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine, Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Andy Bradley, Founder/Chief Executive, Frameworks for Change, Marcus Jepson, Research Assistant, Norah Fry Research Centre and of course Sue Lee and Jakki Cowley will present Learning from Action for Advocacy_s IMCA Support Project
The programme for this 2 day conference includes sessions on:
- End of Life Decision Making
- Best Interests Decision Making in Intensive Care Units
- Undivided Attention _ Is Anybody There_
- Mental Capacity Act Research
- Live Ethics Committee _ now a whole conference event on day one.
Participants will also be able to choose 2 workshops from the following programme:
- The role of Litigation Friend _ Irwin Mitchell
- End of Life Strategy _ National End of Life Care Programme
- Barriers in Residential Care _ MCA in Practice _ Andy Bradley
- Culture, Faith & Decision Making, Debbie Dixon, A4A
- Legal Responses to Social Care Cuts - Lawrence Tudin, SAS Daniels Solicitors
This will be a 2 day event to be held on Monday 18th and Tuesday 19th July at the Aston Conference Centre, Birmingham. The price will include buffet lunch and evening meal on 18th, overnight accommodation, breakfast and lunch on 19th.
The price for this event is £255
Last Year's IMCA Conference
Program and Presentation from LAST YEAR'S conference more