About The IMCA Support Project
The IMCA Support Project commenced in August 2009, aiming to find out what's needed within the IMCA field to raise issues of access, best practice guidance, identify training needs and build capacity. To date the project has:
- developed specific best practice guidance for IMCAs on both the initial instruction of IMCAs and report writing. Both include templates for instruction forms and reports.
- delivered training for IMCAs based on this guidance
- clarified grey areas of the IMCA role
- worked alongside the QPM team to ensure IMCAs are able to evidence the quality of their service.
- held the 2nd National IMCA Conference. The 2011 IMCA conference will be held in the Summer
- worked on wider issues e.g. IMCA instruction for SMT
If you would like to know more about the project or have some views or ideas about the direction of our work please get in touch.
IMCA Support Project Manager (South)
IMCA Support Project Manager (North)